A community service project benefiting The Mississippi Food Network and
HOW IT WORKS
- 2 Metro area schools are chosen each week.
- Aggressive weekly promotional campaign airs generating excitement and community awareness for the program.
- Cheerleaders from each school come out to the WAPT studio and cheer for their team "live" on 16WAPT News @ 5pm (Thursday).
- 2 Schools collect canned goods all week (cut-off point is noon Friday).
- Winner is based on total # of cans per student.
- Winning school receives $200 gift certificate awarded by 16WAPT's weather personality with sponsor mention at halftime during Friday's game. Both schools receive Appreciation Certificates from the Mississippi Food Network.
- The schools have raised over four million canned goods for the Mississipp Food Network during the campaign's 25 years.